Public Relations Summer Intern
COMPANY: KCSA Strategic Communications - fully integrated communications consultancy based in NYC with a creative and strategic approach to communication that leverages multiple services such as public relations, social media and investor relations to compliment businesses. KCSA develops and implements results-driven, integrated strategies for brands in a variety of industries such as cannabis, adtech + media, healthcare, psychedelics, financial services, human capital, and tech.
TITLE: Public Relations Intern (remote)
TERM: Summer 2022
We are seeking dynamic and responsible interns who can commit 5 days, 40 hours a week to start May – August 2022. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in Agency PR work.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Some responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build media relations skills by establishing media contacts and developing pitches for target media
- Create key press materials including press releases, briefing documents and coverage reports
- Research client and competitor products and services
- Assist in the coordination of events such as press conferences, media briefings, media tours and trade shows
- Interface with potential client contacts, vendors and internal teams
- Work closely with KCSA leaders across all sectors
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with team members
- Learn through a rich curriculum of professional development and training opportunities
- Contribute your unique ideas and personality to the KCSA culture
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have excellent multitasking skills, pay close attention to detail while completing tasks in a timely manner, be proficient in excel, and above all, have a strong desire for a career in the Public Relations industry.
EXPERIENCE: Prior PR agency experience in a similar internship is a plus but not essential.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork mindset
- Good administrative skills
- Analytical, problem-solving, oral/written communication skills are required
HOURS: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM, 5 days per week
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.