An existing client of KCSA, at the time a publicly traded micro-cap stock in the big data industry, was experiencing a market shift driving increased demand for their innovative solutions. Many investors – particularly generalists – were uneducated about the rapid change in the big data industry with the increasing need for real-time analytics. This made it difficult for the client to get in front of investors as they did not understand the client’s potential. In order to educate and build awareness with the investment community during this pivotal time in the client’s business, KCSA implemented a multi-pronged investor relations and social IR strategy.
Strategies / Tactics:
- Build awareness of the client among the investment community – focused on new institutional investors and sell-side relationships.
- Increase overall exposure and gain trust among relevant target audiences by sharing consistent updates on social platforms, including amplification of company announcements, earnings, media coverage and thought leadership pieces.
- Over 100 introductions to new investors, resulting in improved trading and liquidity.
- Successful follow-on offering with two new banking relationships underwriting the deal.
- Sell-side coverage was increased to five analysts covering the stock. In addition, KCSA made introductions to industry analysts at bulge-bracket and mid-market banks.
- Secured management speaking slots at all of the conferences hosted by their covering analysts, but also at sell-side hosted conferences without coverage or banking commitments.
- Generated over 1 million impressions via social media in six months.